Address: 15 The Parade, Stroud Green Road
Now: Sainsbury’s Local
In 1920 the cinema was taken over and re-named the ‘New Scala’. But it was never going to be a hugely successful enterprise given the impressive Finsbury Park Cinematograph Theatre was so close, and when it extended quadrupling its capacity, the Scala found audience numbers dropped too low to keep going. The Scala closed in 1924, the building was used as a billiard hall, factory, and then a venue for Irish dancing. It was demolished in 2007 to make way for an apartment block and supermarket.